Members

Sunday 18 September 2011

A Fairy for Autumn

This is a beautiful image which can be found on sheet 3 at  Whoopsi Daisy Designs
 and I have coloured the image using lovely rich Autumn shades and mounted on a distressed ink sky background.   I have entered this easel card in the following Challenges.




This is a most beautiful image and lovely to work with.  The layers and detail suggested Autumn to me and I think she is just fabulous.  I have used mostly Promarker pens in shades of yellow, orange and brown and jelly roll gold pen.  These are not shades I often use but I think they have worked well.  The image is mounted onto a matching die cut of mirror card and again matching Autumn shades of mulberry flowers and backing paper have been used.  The Papers are from Kaisercraft and Graphic 45 and the ribbons I have had in my stash for a while.  I have used twine on the card which is quite rustic and a couple of corner embellishments from Wild Orchid Crafts.   I had a sheet of Autumn toppers in my stash and think they work very well with this card.



Image showing closer detail of the front of the card to include Grateful topper and Chrysanthemum topper which has a space for recording a greeting.    I love the colours on this card and how they have worked as its really out of my comfort zone.



The bottom of the easel card showing the lovely verse - 'Dancing, twirling, fluttering by Autumn in all her golden splendor casts her beauty upon us'  There is a further Autumn topper and matching papers, filigree corner, ribbon and a cute little mulberry flower.

 
  I have really, really enjoyed making this card and could have added loads more detail but for once have restrained myself.  Thank you for reading this post, I love to look at other crafter's blogs, it gives such joy and inspiration and I find this so peaceful.   I  hope you like this card, please visit again soon.  Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments.

Sending warmest wishes to all,



X





7 comments:

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW!! This card is absolutely STUNNING!! Your work on Linnie's wonderful image is amazing and the colors you chose are just perfect!! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Charisma this week!.

Lisa x

crazyribbonlady said...

Such a beautiful card, love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!
Emma x

Wendy said...

Love the card hun fab thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious this week for out challenge

Wendy DT TS

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely work...gorgeous image and your colours are perfect. Thanks for joining with us this week at Charisma Cardz.
Joyce xx

Clare Brown said...

wow your card is just gorgeous, thanks for joining us this week at charisma

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card, it's so seasonal! xxx

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...