Members

Saturday 3 December 2011

Teen Fairy Pia with lots of Sparkle and Embellishment

Season's Greetings to everyone.  Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  I think I enjoy the build up as much as the day itself.

My card for today again features the image Teen Fairy Pia from Mo Manning and can be found here


I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:










I have coloured the Card using ProMarker pens and shaded using FlexMarkers and covered the wings and skirt frill in glitter.  I have used Spellbinder dies to cut out the image and contrasting backing papers.  All papers are from my Stash.  I found some lovely die cut snowflakes with crystals in my stash and these have been added to the card.  I have die cut a snowflake swirl and decorated this with tiny  pearls.  Ribbon, lace, flowers and greeting panels are all from my stash.  I glittered the background paper to resemble frosting and it looks really seasonal.  I have not used traditional images or colours on the whole this year to make my Christmas Cards and have enjoyed making a series of cards mostly in pinks, purples and blues.  With the odd touch of red and green.





A closer slightly fuzzy view of the main image ( my camera).  with embellishment details.




Showing the inside of the card with further glitter highlights and matching die cut panels and snowflake swirl.  I have stamped a Lili of the Valley sentiment and there is a blank panel for recording of a greeting.

Thank you so much for reading this post,  I hope you like the card.  Sending warmest wishes to all.


                        X





11 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning as always, love the use of colour. You just can't resist Santa can you? xxx

Laine said...

Ho Ho Ho

X

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful card Laine xx

Margaret said...

Great card - I love that little envelope popping out bottom left!! Thanks for entering Patties Creations Challenge #34.
Margy (DT Member)

darling Ho said...

Wow! What a beautiful project! Love all the embellishments.
Thanks for sharing it at Fairy Tale Challenge this time.
~darling Ho~FTC-DT

downrightcrafty said...

Great take on this weeks Birthday theme, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy for a few more days if your interested :)

Bianca said...

That´s so very lovely! You have made an absolutly adoreable card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Janette said...

Oh this is gorgeous, so stunning, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Laine
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

RoseC said...

Laine, your Teen Fairy Pia image looks fabulous on this fun holiday birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's "pearls and swirls" challenge. ~ Rose

Karen said...

Gorgeous image, fab composition Karen x

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...