Members

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Lili's Birthday Fairy

Hello to everyone on another sunny, freezing cold day.  We are waiting for more snow to fall overnight and are not looking forward to it at all.  We nearly lost the conservatory roof on Sunday due to the weight of the snow and my husband had devised a system of brushes and boxes to support it, until he got it cleared.  Necessity is the mother of invention.



On to my card for today.  This features the very lovely stamp Birthday Fairy from Lili of the Valley.  The image has been coloured using my Pro Marker and Flex Marker pens and highlighted with Stickles.  The backing papers are from my stash and the card is decorated with ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and a mixture of cutting dies.  The large flowers have been made by me using Cheery Lynn Design mini rose and Spellbinder dies and the other flowers are from my stash and from The Ribbon Girl.  The leaves have been die cut and coloured with ink.  The butterfly is made using a Magnolia Die and decorated with tiny pearls.  The sentiment is a stamp from Lili of the Valley mounted on a distressed Spellbinder die cut.  I have used the soft shades of Spring to create the card.

I would like to enter this card for the following Challenges :o)

Lili's Little Fairies Week 5 - Spring Colours

Divas by Design Challenge 20 - Anything Goes

Flutter By Wednesday # 188

PCJ Challenge 2 - Fairies/Angels

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

CCH # 105 - Fairies




A  closer view of the lovely image and sentiment and showing the flowers and leaves used to decorate the card.


Showing ribbon and paper lace detail and lovely butterfly with tiny pearls.




The inside of the card featuring paper layers to match the front and with paper doily with greeting and for recording a greeting.

I hope you like this card, thank you so much for reading this post.

Sending warmest wishes to all.


     X



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous inside and out, beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Divas and good luck!
Helen x

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful card Laine.
Thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies.
Chris x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card! I love the flowers

G8country life said...

Hi Laine, your cards are so beautiful, and so detail. I love the pinks WOW! I am your new follower, I'm also a new blogger. I really appreciated if you come over and check out my projects. And maybe if you like them, follow me.Thank you for sharing you projects so inspirational. Elisa http://g8countrylife.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies this week with your cute fairy card, and what a fabulous flower embellishment! I hope to see you again next time! hugs, annie x

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...