Members

Sunday 12 August 2012

Ocean's Gift from Sugar Nellie


Hello to you all and Happy Sunday from the UK.  I am sitting watching the Men's Olympic Marathon on the TV while listing this card and it is so exciting, like every other event we have watched throughout the past fabulous two week.  I am so looking forward to the closing ceremony this evening but will miss this so much.  Roll on the Para Olympic Games

Enough of my waffle and onto my card for today which features Ocean's Gift from Sugar Nellie
rubber stamp and she and her little seahorse friend are stunning and a delight to work with.




List of Materials used to make this card:

6" x 6" Cardstock for base and wonderful design papers from Crafty individuals.
Wonderful rubber stamp from Sugar Nellie coloured using Promarker Pens, Specrum Noir Pens which I am loving more and more and lots of stickles glitter on her hair, top and tail - mega bling.
Lots of Pearls, pearl flourishes, pearl border, lots of individual pearls and liquid pearl decoration.
Flowers are mostly made by me using shiny glittered blue paper from my stash which has sat in my scraps box for about a year and I am so pleased to have used.  Cut using a Do Hickey Die and a Die-Namic Die and each has a pearl in the centre.  2 fabric flowers from Marianne Designs have been used and a large daisy backing flower.
Lovely net blue ribbon detail which has not shown up clearly in the pictures and silver leaf flourish.



I would like to enter this card in the following Challenges:

http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ - Super Scrap Saturday
http://craftpunked.blogspot.co.uk/ - Beside the Seaside




A closer view of this stunning image.  I have seen lots of lovely pink haired images recently and thought I would have a go.  I am pleased with the results and it gives my mermaid lots of definition.




Side view of card showing inside of card with design papers and topper for a greeting.




Arty view cause I love this image so much.  Thank you for taking the time to look at this card and read my post.  Your comments and continued support is much appreciated.

Hugs


   X






21 comments:

Kim said...

stunning card Laine, love the colours and layout and those flowers are just gorgeous!
Kim x

Sue said...

Stunning card Laine. The image is gorgeous and those flowers look wonderful.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs Sue

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful card. Love those colours together and your colouring is wonderful.
Hugs
Chris xxx

Pia S said...

Impressive flowers! Love the colors of your card, and the pearl border is such a beautiful detail.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Laine, love it.
Wendy xx

Claire said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, beautiful colours and the flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
Claire xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Laine this is so beautiful that image is stunning so are those wonderful flowers, amazing work.
hugs
Lorraine x

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful! I love the pearls. Thanks for sharing and joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands this month.

Hugs
Linda
Blog Administrator & DT

Paper Panda said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and all of the pearls you have added - fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us over at Kraftyhands.
Mandy x (Kraftyhands DT)

s4rah said...

So beautiful, I love the flowers and her pink hair. Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Gorgeous card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Bianca said...

What a wonderfull card! I love all that little details you have add any your coloration! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Steph L said...

Stunning card. Love the layout and the colours. Super work.
Thanks for joining Craftpunked and good luck!!
Steph xx

~ Barb said...

I LOVE all the bling! And your turquoise flowers go so perfectly with your amazing stamp. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun and whimsical image! Darling! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions blog! ♥ Sue Kment

Tracey said...

Wow this is just spectacular. I think I might have to try pink hair at some point too, it looks great. Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox for our The Sea challenge. I hope to see you there again soon.
Tracey
x

CraftyNess said...

Beautiful card and so much work had gone into it :) thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge.

Paper Sewn Visions said...

I love the stamp. Great color choice. Stunning card. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Love all the pearls on the side :) Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...